View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Post a childhood memory

When I was around 8 I saw this commercial...

[ QUOTE ]
Raisin Bran
"Sturdy Danny McGee was up his fifty-ninth tree, he said 'I work as fast as I can,' when he suddenly saw Two scoops of raisins inapackageof Kellogg's Raisin Bran!" and he comes racing down from the tree while the chorus sings "now here comes Dan..." "Well he rushed to the ground, 'cause ol' Danny had found What's important to a raisin fan, 'cause Kellogg's puts TWO SCOOPS OF RAISINS inapackageof Kellogg's Raisin Bran!"

[/ QUOTE ]

It showed a lumberjack, Danny, climbing trees. Well I figured I should try that. I grew up on a small farm so it was easy to find everything I needed. Got some nails a hammer and a old garden hose. Worked pretty good but I did not get very high as I could only go as high as I could put the nails in from the ground.

Well my mom finally saw me and she freaked out. Not sure why though I had a tree-house that was a good 30 feet high and had 4 floors in it. If she only knew how often I almost fell out of that sucker. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I also used to ride pigs. Pigs don't like that which is why it is so much fun. You just sit on the fence and when a pig goes by you jump on and try and stay on as long as possible. Problem is you always fall off sooner or later and you can imagine what you land in.