View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 05:47 AM

Default Re: 3/6 stat after 50k hands

[ QUOTE ]
Your BB stats are close to optimal--particularly in a 2/3 structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it is so for the 3/6 Absolute Games and maybe it is so for the 2/3 structure (because there should be many more steals from SB where we have position).But OP still shows -0.19 BB/hand which I think is a very bad figure if he plays in an average 3/6 game.And I don´t think defending as much as OP do is sane in any normal 3/6 game.

Here are my BB stats and I have a corrupted database of 170K more where my BB stats are -0.12 (the vast majority of my +600K hands are from 3/6 but I also have 200 K from 1/2 and 2/4 and about 50 K from 5/10. But there is practically no difference between the different levels except for 5/10 where I defended 55% and had a worse winrate from BB.My folding BB/steal is 63% during this sample overall.

Sometimes I see stat posts from players I play with where they seek help because they´re struggling with their winrate.And I think to myself WTF this guy is as good as me or better than me.How is this possible?

Very often they have a winrate between 0 and 1.And every time the only difference between them and me is that I have a much better BB/hand stats figure.
There are only a few conclusions I can draw from this:

1. One could claim that we don´t know what would happen with my BB BB/hand stats if I defended my BB more.I could miss out value.The flaw with this is that if I would start folding BB 40-50% instead and be showing better numbers from BB that would mean that I would be a much better player than other posters and I don´t think that is true.

2.One could argue that defending BB 10-20 percentage units more or less does not have much impact on your winrate in a typical 3/6 game.And if you do the math you will see that it is true.
Then it means that your BB stats are more a product of how you play your hands from OOP in unraised pots.And I can´t see why we would like to play supermarginal hands against steals when we already in black and white can see that we´re not playing well from this position.

3.The only explanation for my better BB stats is that I´m the best table selector there is.And that could very well be the answer.Because I´m well aware of that I´m a mediocre player compared to most 2+2:ers.You just have to read the posts to understand this.
On the other hand I´m pretty amazed that some 2+2:ers struggling to win enough money because of other factors than their poker skills.Risk aversion being one of them, poor table selection is another one.
I just laugh when I see 4 regular Tags banging their heads against each other when I´m sitting on four tables with nothing else than fish.

Either way if you have -0.19 BB/hand from BB at a 3/6 table you´re doing something wrong.