View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

If you haven't done it already, I think you ought to make plugin interfaces so that folks can write their own hand history importers, UI add ons, etc. You might want to look at the currently out-of-development Poker DaVinci for some ideas on that score.

I appreciate you're still in beta, but you really need to put up some documentation even if minimal. At the very least, what sites are supported (I don't want to try and import hands from unsupported sites), does it support just cash games? tournaments? sit and gos? etc.

When you have time please look at importing Prima hands direct from the .dat files. It's real simple; I forget which database type they use but it's a publically available one - may be sqlite. Answer will be on Google somewhere no doubt. Would be a nice touch since you already support Prima but with the hassle of having to get a hand history exported from the client.

MySQL would have been a better database choice imho, not least because most people with a Linux computer or web hosting account, and a few with Windows, already have it, and the config/admin tools are much better. Getting postgres running wasn't much fun and I've been in the IT game for years.

Anyway, looking pretty good, good luck and I hope to see the HUD in action soon!