View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: PNL Study Group Day 2: Stack Sizes

[ QUOTE ]
My first question is on page 35. I understand we'll get into the REM process later; however, this hand is in this section so I'll ask away. If you want to save it for later, ok.

At any rate, You have A6 and the flop comes A high and the EP opener moves all in and it folds to you getting 3.1:1 "There can not be any more betting, so it's an easy call".

I'd like to see some sort of break down on why this is an easy call. I mean...I now 3.1:1 means we only need to win like 25% of the time. If our 6 outs are good, then we are 12% to hit that, so against a bigger Ace, we have like 13% equity. So, we're saying here that he is twice as likely to have something else?

Wow.

I just ran this in PS, and I didn't appreciate the impact that even one 6 hand combo would have.

Board: As 9h 4d
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 30.361% 29.04% 01.32% 7476 339.00 { Ac6c }
Hand 1: 69.639% 68.32% 01.32% 17586 339.00 { KK+, AJs+, AKo, AdQh, AJo }

I need to play with this stuff more.

Guess there's no question there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the point is that you have a decent-but-not-great hand and you're getting 3:1. Normally, that makes it hard to fold. Add in the fact that you will only have to call $10 (you won't have to call any other bets), and it's pretty much impossible to fold.