View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Calling the floor to replace a misdealt turn card?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in an excellent Foxwoods 5-10 kill game, filled with your usual, braindead calling stations, although I'm still smarting from a $400 pot I lost against the calling station fish to my right who went six bets with me on the turn in a kill pot when I had the nut flush on the turn, only to have him snatch it away when the board paired and his turned set became a boat.

FWIW, I can't tell if this guy is just clueless and/or an angleshooter, since in that prior hand he clearly string-raised me on the fifth bet...although being the gentlemen I am I allowed it so that I could six bet him [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]. In addition, I have to remind him to post his blinds EVERY ORBIT, which may have been partially due to his tendency to always take off his reading glasses after looking at his cards.

In the hand in question, I overlimp from MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and six or seven players see the following flop:

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

A couple of players check, I bet, a soft-spoken, non-tricky calling station calls, and it's folded around to the clueless fish on my right. Of course, I have to remind him it's his turn to act, and he picks up both his chips and his cards, and again slips into la-la land. As I'm looking at the fish, waiting for him to act, I see out of the corner of my eye that the young, female dealer has burned and turning the following:

7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

As this happens I shout "Wait!, he hasn't acted," after which the fish smiles and tosses his hand, saying "It's not good now."

I say "Call the floor," and pandemonium breaks out, as the collective gaggle of retards start making comments like:

"Why, he's already folded?"
"What's going on?"
"It's too late."

I again say:

"Call the floor."

The dealer looks at me and says "You call the floor."

I say "Excuse me?"

She says "You can call the floor."

Consequently, I bellow "FLOOR!!!"

Does anyone do anything differently here? And does it matter if the turn card was instead a brick which might not have just killed my hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your line was correct.