View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Best 5-10 NL Game in Vegas

Well, just for the sake of completeness...

Decided to take a shot at the 5/10 at the Venetian yesterday(Labor Day), as my "normal" game is the 2/5, but wanted to try it out while out in Vegas this trip ...

I bought in for $1k (it's uncapped) and I was one of the smaller stacks. The game was incredibly soft early on and had 3 tourists (not including myself here, obv) that were there to gamble, 4 obvious pros who were decent, but nothing so write home about, and 2 "avg" guys that I'd say were tourists who knew what they were doing.

After playing for about 1.5-2 hours, I had tripled up to $3k or so and found the game getting pretty deep. A couple of the donators left and 2 of the pros rebought for @ $8k each and at that point, it was getting a little uncomfortable for me, so I booked my win and called it a day (for the 5/10 at the "V" anyway).

Apparently, according to the regs at the table, the game got stupid deep @ 11pm nightly when avg stack is $10k or so.

Overall, the game is really not too bad (at least it was when I was in it). I'm not saying it's easy, just that it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. The regs/pros were solid and would attack weakness, as you might expect, but it's nothing that a solid player should fear.

BTW, any of you guys playing in that game with me on Monday @ mid-afternoon/evening time?