View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Re: My (admittedly stupid) Jason Campbell bet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your friends like to make stupid bets eh? That Lions one was good for you too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope... his friends are just smarter about football than he is.

If you look at the numbers, Brunell was having a better year last year when they pulled him, than Campbell is having this year. He can't manage the game either. Sure, some of that comes with experience, but he's already started almost a year's worth of games.

They call it the NotForLong league because teams want to win NOW. Not later. Especially the Redskins. You can look at their free agency signings and tell they aren't in rebuilding mode. Their in WIN NOW mode.

Also, this is JC's third (or fourth) year in the league. Palmer was amazing his third year in the league... and he sat on the bench for a full year behind Kitna. That doesn't bode well for Campbell. Will the Skins resign him after his five year contract if he's not winning and improving? And, his rookie contract was worth 20 million. That's nothing compared to what the Skins have tied up in defense and WRs.

JC will start next year and the hunt will be on for a new QB after next year in the offseason. He'll probably be traded or benched. I also wouldn't be surprised if they drafted someone this year in the later rounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone will be surprised if we draft a QB in the later rounds this year. We need to develop a young backup (Mark Brunell almost assuredly will not be back next year and Todd Collins may not either) and we need protection in case Campbell does not pan out.