View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Stud8, A8A - capped on 3rd

A couple of big mistakes here:
3rd: Your opponent has AAK or KKK... and it's a 50-50 shot as to which (one other dead king and two dead aces). Believe it or not, you are a dog against both hands (King kicker is pretty powerful here). In a solid table, I would be very reluctant to take it to 3 bets, although I may 3 bet against weaker players.

4th: I would probably bet here and just call a raise at most... you have more outs now but the continued aggression is a bad sign for you. I may even check if the K is a really tight player. You certainly don't have the equity to four bet against kings.. you're fine against aces. Flip a coin... heads you lose, tails you take half of the third player's money. The third player might be rolled up or have your other two aces, although your low outs make up for that.

5th: Leaning towards AAK now, since he didn't bet or raise. Bet and call a raise; don't knock the third player out.

6th: It's tempting to flat call, but you'll make much more money if you get the 9 to call two cold. There's a ton of money in the pot, so the 9 will probably call at least enough (1/3+?) to make jamming profitable.

Playing results here will give you the wrong answer.

7th: Totally pointless bet. If seat 7 is insane enough to have only the tens, you should have noticed that long ago. It hardly matters anyways.