View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Not sobern and at home, ooops!

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. Among the highlights from my trek to my sister's house in Northern Virginia (about a 70 min drive)...

-My mother asking three different times if I needed to borrow money.
-My sister's boyfriend's mother's boyfriend (confusing enough?) talking to me at great length about smoking pot, with my mother sitting next to us on the couch.
-Some jackass hitting my parked car outside (variance: no damage).
-Suffering through the first half of the Cowboys-Jets game with a drunk Jets fan in the room.
-My parents bringing me back (drum roll please) a bag of camoflage-wrappered hershey's kisses from their NYC trip. I'm 35, by the way.
-Pretending to like dark beer, because my sister specifically told her bf to pick up something "exotic" for me (I'm not a big miller lite fan).
-Driving 70 miles back home, at night, in holiday traffic, while simultaneously feeling stuffed and exhausted (effin triptophan).
-Getting home, smoking with the roommate, popping open some poker tables, and suffering through three absolutely godawful beats in a row at the hands of the same player. I won't bore you with all 3, but the first involved him calling 3 cold with Ks7s, calling a bet on an AdJd5c flop, calling another after the Qd fell on the turn, and then actually checking to me on a Th river (I checked through my set of aces).

On the other hand, dinner was good & hershey's kisses totally do rock when you're high. Happy Thanksgiving! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]