View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: World Population Growth

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jeff - There is a strong inverse correlation between income and population growth.

You might also want to read up on James Watson (the daddy of DNA) and his views on the issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you suggesting that the OP would agree with Watson, or that you agree with Watson? I hope not.

Watson article on race

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a question for you. Lets just pretend the standardized IQ test is an accurate indicator of intelligence. And lets just pretend that the average IQ score for a negro (85) is half way between mental retardation (70) and the average for white people (100). Would you still find Watson racist? And lets just pretend that east Asians and Jews are higher than whites. Would you consider anyone that claims East Asians smarter than the average white as racist?

Just asking a hypothetical question to see how open ones mind is.

[/ QUOTE ]

One would also have to assume that intelligence is an immutable characteristic that is fixed at birth and unaffected by nutrition, education, etc.

If all those assumptions were true, and I strongly believe that they are not, the issue would be trickier.

Even then, one would have little basis for making a blind assumption about an individual person's intelligence based on skin color.

In any case, Watson's statement that, "even though he hopes everyone is equal, people who have to deal with black employees find this is not true," reveals him as an old-fashioned racist.