View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: How to play FR against Stars nits?

[ QUOTE ]
To let them into pot means play incorrectly

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, this statement depends on your skill level. If you can't get away from AA post-flop, then by all means raise it every time and thin the field.

[ QUOTE ]
But if I raise - those 4 happily fold. For example, it normal on Stars to make c-bets when you have 4 opponents on the flop - very likely to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Secondly, so what do you want them to do? If you complain about them folding to your p/f raises or c-bets too much, well then, how do you best counter that? Answer: you don't always do either.

Thirdly, understand my responses. Do you honestly think that I don't understand that limping AA p/f can be dangerous? I'm basically telling you to mix up your play. Most of the time, raise your pairs pre-flop, a lot of the time c-bet, just don't do it all the time.

You seem to have an all or nothing type mentality. Either always raise AA or always limp it. Always c-bet or always don't. When you mix up your play, you take the word 'always' out of your vocabulary. Never in my response do I say, "start limping all your big pocket pairs pre-flop."

There's a lot of smart people that post on this board. I'm not saying I'm one of them, but I can beat Stars micro-limits. And yes, I do play Stars.

Pick up the book No Limit Hold Em: Theory and Practice by Sklansky. Read it several times. You won't be sorry.