View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 12:19 AM

Default Re: For fathers: remember when you first became a daddy?

Great Thread. 2 children for me and two stories.

My son was born in 1981 (yah, I'm old) and my wifes doctor was leaving on vacation the following week so she was induced. Pictocin is a very powerful drug and my wife was having a pretty hard time of it. She was in very hard labor for a number of hours. The nurses were not being very responsive at all and hadn't even checked on her in awhile. Finally, having had enough of the BS, I called the Dr. myself. It helped that his son and I were classmates. About a half hour later the Doc comes in, takes one look and then just ripped into the nurse. Come to find out that my son was breach and the Dr. actually had to use forceps to deliver him. The nurse ended up leaving the hospital and my son was fine. However, during the delivery my wife was squeezing my hand and broke my index finger. So there we are, my wife laying there with the Dr. delivering our son and a nurse applying a splint to my finger.

My daughter was born 5 years later. No real drama there except for the point where my wife cusses out the Dr. (different Dr.). My wife is in pretty hard labor and was being quite vocal about the whole ordeal. The Dr. told her to be quiet as it shouldn't be that painful. My wife turned her head, looked at the Dr. and said..FK you, it's not hurting you. The look on the womans face (the Dr.) was absolutely precious.