Thread: Baldness
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Baldness

[ QUOTE ]
I think its a lot harder for folks that don't have a face/head that goes so well with short hair though. I've always thought you looked stunning w/ short hair, and I also think it is a lot easier to voice pride in inner beauty/confidence/self esteem when the outer beauty is so far above avg.

[/ QUOTE ]
Aw, thanks. I agree with the point about not having the right structure for super short hair. That is why I had long hair for 13 years to begin with. I was big, with a round face, and short cuts just seemed to make it stand out more. The first pic, with my brother, was very flattering of me. I can't seem to find less flattering pics of those 13 years (maybe I didn't have many taken, lol). But I was big, maybe 160-175 lbs. and had a round face, so I didn't feel short hair would have looked good on me at all. I understand that mindset. There comes a time, however, when one has to choose the better of two evils, I suppose.

I don't think there is anything whatsoever wrong with hats, wigs, etc, it's just not my style. Similarly, I don't see anything wrong with women who wear false boobs after mastectomy. It's just not me.

As far as being attractive in the first place, I don't know. Maybe it is easier to project self-confidence. I've found some of the least self-confident women are traditionally the prettiest, though, which is a real shame.

My own looks have run the gamut. I have been plain, ugly, too fat, too thin, etc. The things that bugged me I've gotten fixed, but most things I simply don't care about. I'm a big fan of plastic surgery (or asthetic procedures) if the patient has the right mindset. Using surgery as a means of boosting self-confidence doesn't seem to work, however, unless the surgery is to correct something that is obviously not simply asthetic.

I can't really say that my confidence has changed much based on my appearance. I got sick of looking at the baggage under my eyes, so I fixed it. I didn't suddenly have a boost in esteem. Now the baggage is back, and worse than ever (I'm sure cancer treatment played a part in that), but I didn't suffer any esteem issues. Maybe I'll get it fixed again someday, maybe not.

Hope this clears up my own mindset for you.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]