Thread: Baldness
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Baldness

I have often wondered the same thing regarding people who do the comb over or other extreme measures. It's a combination of things, both self esteem, as well as those close to those people not making them aware of how silly it looks. We have this ingrained switch as to what is 'polite' that carries over from general strangers to those closest to us that is 'ON' way too much.

I get a lot of flack for being honest to a fault, particularly with those closest to me, but I really don't see the point of lying or holding back from those closest. I wouldn't have a problem telling someone close to me that their hair loss is magnified by doing irrational things to their hair, and that they should look into a shorter look, shaving it off, etc. I also wouldn't have a problem telling them they stink, have mustard on their forehead, etc.

I think its a lot harder for folks that don't have a face/head that goes so well with short hair though. I've always thought you looked stunning w/ short hair, and I also think it is a lot easier to voice pride in inner beauty/confidence/self esteem when the outer beauty is so far above avg.