View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: set of kings at Foxwoods 1/2NL

So ill explain a little bit. In most live games, including this one, a standard raise is 12-15. Opening to 8 does not imply a premium hand at all, and in this case, I took it to mean a range of hands skewed towards a weak ace. So my flop play was designed to get a weak ace committed to the hand in order to play for stacks. If i thought villian was holding something like AQ, AK i would have instapushed the flop raise. But likely he is much weaker, and would've almost certainly given up.

The thing about live play is that players don't want to be embarrassed. Even bad players know enough to avoid getting stacked with a hand like A6. So I conclude that pushing here folds out all the hands I want him to call with, and if he does have something strong like AQ, two pair, set of 7's, its all getting in the middle anyway. I check to give him the initiative on the turn, and the turn ace makes me think he just hit trips, and he'll do the dirty work for me.

My problem here is that im OOP, and the whole time my hand just screams AK+. I felt that any realistic bet on my part would make this hand the easiest fold evar for villian. That's the reason for the FPS.

Results: he folded to river push, meaning no A. Maybe some wacky FD (in which case my play was horrible, but this is unlikely) but probably villian was bluffing entire time, which might justify my soft play. Just trying to massage another 100 out of him.

Oh and my image is solid TAG fwiw