View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Mid Tourny AK Play

You raised with almost 30% of your stack pre-flop, so I think your push is fine. It sends a consistent, clear message. He may lay down his 99 or K4 to a flop shove, but he might get a little braver if you slow down.

Check-Call is possible only for very small bets, IMO. I think I'd pay up to t1,500 for a shot at the 5, A or K. Any bet larger than t2,000, and I think you need to CRAI.

Check-Raise? There's an excellent chance he missed this flop completely, and he's not calling your check-raise with his 89s. On the other hand, if he bets t5,000+ (very likely), he's getting the right price to call with a lot of nonsense (think J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]).

Check-fold isn't terrible. I like to remind myself that an unimproved AK is a trash hand in the face of strength, although you do have the Wheel draw here, so you haven't missed completely. You have just enough left behind to play a little poker, and this guy will almost certainly donk into you again.

IMO: Shove > CRAI > C-F > C-C