View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Greatest People of All Time

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

mother theresa... and i'm not even catholic.

[/ QUOTE ]

..... or know much about mother theresa.

luckyme

[/ QUOTE ]

see there you go. nice job, and very predictable for those i spoke about prior... you must be one of those.

[/ QUOTE ]

By the OP you are allowed to name your own metric. Lay out a rational general metric you used to come up with ..
Mother Theresa is "the GREATEST person of ALL time."
and I'll rethink my comment.

luckyme

[/ QUOTE ]

that wasn't op's question. the thread's title is "Greatest People of All Time" as in many, not "The Greatest Person of All Time" , as in one.

i think her actions could put her in a list of people. i didn't say she was the all time greatest. regardless of her doubts of faith and such, i place extreme value on someone who gives their life in helping others.

i believe that is within OP's parameters. and believe me, i am not a religious person, if that adds any context.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's your metric? she's a top person in a list of "those people that spent their life helping others".
you seriously can't think of others who make her look like a dabbler in that area?
Ok, it's your list, but that doesn't make me want to rescind my questioning of your knowledge of her actions or her being worthy of inclusion on such a list. ( that's why this is a debating forum).

your post sounded like you were looking for a female for some reason. you'd have the same problem if we looked for "greatest explorers" or "greatest classical composers" or " greatest mathematicians".

luckyme