View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: AA vs a reg - so i wanna open shove this flop for 2x pot

villain is house_advntg (with the ugly bulldog avatar) for those that have played with him.
also i shouldve mentioned in the OP that i had been squeezing A LOT lately so that probably had some influence on villains thouhgt process.

i wasnt really worried about the donk at all to be honest. he either had an overpair, and was stacking off, or he had nothing and he wsnt. I thought it was much more likely for him to have something stupid like AJo of 9Ts and be folding no matter what tho.

now UTG on the other hand has a much narrower range... im pretty confident that i could put him on a range just 4-5 specific hands here, and felt like he was way more likey to call one big donkish overbet on the flop than he was to ch/shove or call flop and make a hero call on the turn.

he knows that any reasonable bet i make will commit me becasue at least half my stack will be in, so he wont have any FE. and he also probably realizes that im not making a normal c-bet all that often with like AK here when its 3 ways to the flop in a r'rd pot