View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: PLO looser :( ...contibet questions

In the example with double suited aces and flopping the nut flush draw/bd flush draw and overpair you should be looking to get your stack in pretty much 100% of the time. You have enough equity against the biggest of hands that will play back at you and you'll find that it should be a highly +EV play.

Hand 1: Your hand is fairly ordinary, so I can't see why'd you raise preflop. Think about it, you've got a pair of Jacks and a J-hi flush draw. Not many flops you're going to like a whole lot. Given you did raise, this is a great flop to c-bet. There's only 3 of you on the flop, it's a monster flop for aces and everyone will be happy to give you the pot assuming they don't have a T, and even then they might just fold it in fear of aces. Half pot should do the trick, any resistance and give up though, barring some seriously strong reads.

Hand 2: I'd probably raise this hand in late position, but of the blinds, this is crazy. Again you only have a pair of Jacks with an A-hi flush draw. Given you raised out of the blinds, this is a terrific flop for you and you HAVE to c-bet to rep the aces. I'd probably bet around 3/4 pot but it's not that big a deal. Good job leading out, you did the right thing and picked up the pot.

Hand 3: This one is tricky and depends a fair bit on opponent. Especially playing full-ring you'll find some seriously passive nits who won't raise anything but the nuts and they're pretty common. On the other hand some people will raise with anything that resembles a draw. It's imperative you know who's who at the table, but you already knew that :P. Against a complete unknown and if you have an aggressive image, I'd probably have tried to get it in on the flop, as you've raised a fairly average double pair hand, you're obviously looking to flop a set and it's not often going to be top-set so unless you're prepared to get it in, don't play hands like this so aggressive preflop.

Hand 4: I've never been too keen to c-bet monotone flops when 6 people see the flop. I'm not sure you're getting much value out of betting the turn, as when many people see the flop, lots of people will play a small flush like this. You might get someone to fold the same straight or call with a lower straight or something, so it's probably fairly close either way to bet this, but I'd probably just check it down.