View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Borgata PR sports betting charges being brought

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-- Jeffrey Ebert, 45, Ventnor, poker room supervisor. Also charged with criminal usury.

Isn't Jeff the very fat guy? Its been too long for me, i don't recognize the others

[/ QUOTE ]

I **think** that Jeff is a supervisor at the Trop poker room. I could be wrong since I haven't been to the Trop in some time, but I remember a floorman named Jeff. The MSNBC article linked above lists Jeff as 45 years old; the guy that I remember from the Trop was in his mid-forites.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the list of suspects from WNBC, the Jeffrey Ebert who was arrested is an employee of the Borgata, not the Trop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mainstream media articles about this incident conflict on some minor points, which is not surprising given that we don't yet have all of the details about the incident. Articles in both the Philadelphia Daily News and Card Player Magazine list Ebert as a Trop supervisor. I remember him as a fairly tall man with thinning brown hair and glasses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I know who this is.. This is Jeff, one of the trop poker room managers. Tall, mid forties, glasses. That sucks, I always liked that guy!.... and just because wnbc or whoever it was said that he's a borg room manager, doesn't mean they can't be wrong...i mean at some point some news source printed that Iraq had WMDs.... look how that went?