View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em Study Group Day 1

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I've missed the PSA, but the odds table in appendix B is incorrect. I don't understand how such a thing can happen, checking e.g. wikipedia is the _least_ one can do, right? </rant>

Some minor note which I find useful because I'm a nit: the 'multiply by four' rule can be improved a bit to
p = outs * 4 - (number of outs above 8), e.g. for 15 outs
p = 15*4 - 7 = 53% instead of 60% (real number 54%).

Then a real question:

On page 12 you discuss the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hand on a T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] board, and discount the 9 possible flush outs to 5 outs, which seems quite drastic to me. Now I'm reading it for the second time, you don't mention the number of opponents (or pre-flop action); what did you intended? If it was heads-up and raised preflop I'd be quite happy with my number of outs; if it was limped 7-way multiway I wouldn't. What are your thoughts on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly there is actually a modification to the 2X rule as well. You add a few percent per out based on +8 outs. I don't remember this is exactly right but I am sure it could be verified by someone else who remembers more precisely.

+EV