View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: $200 NL - I Suck at Three Bet Pots?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

On the flop, I suggest betting more because I think your fold equity is slightly higher if you raise ~$10 more, it looks stronger, this is what you want when you have air in a big pot.

However, if your read says he will fold for less, by all means bet less.

[/ QUOTE ]

STatements like this put me on tilt.

We don't WANT fold equity. Fold equity!? Vs. what? A Queen?

Ya, right, GL w/that.

You want villain to CALL if you bet this flop. Otherwise, betting is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you c/c flop for 30ish, what is your plan for the rest of the hand assuming no A/K shows. Are you willing to play a big pot unimproved readless here or would you simply give villain's range credit and fold to a bet on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably c/f the turn. Depends on reads, flow, etc. An A or K on the turn doesn't matter much, tbh, because I think AK takes a free card here a lot.

In my experience, the flop checks through here a lot. Then I bet the turn 2/3 pot, and a hand like 99 calls. Then the river goes check/check (which makes me think, by the way, that I am missing some river value in hands like this, but meh, sometimes it goes check-check and he shows QJ).

Against some villains I WILL bet here, but not because I want them to fold. If I bet here, it's purely for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you ever bet here for metagame considerations. If so could you give an example.

BTW, great stuff bilbo. Sometimes you do not like to show it, but you truly do have a great understanding of the game.