View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Is it a tarp? Or just shove?

[ QUOTE ]
what do u think he will call with?
i guess a2 and q9 both call [but he should have folded preflop] and AJ AK call [although he'd probably reraise both preflop]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the hole hand is kind of wierd.
He should have raised a hand like A2 or Q9 or 22 on the flop (and I think there are enough players who call a raise with the first two hands, which means you can probably add them to his range). Whereas I think he might have slowplayed 22 in order to get it in on a non-diamond turn (=> makes his turn call reasonable).

Most likely are 22 and a medium ace with let`s say the J or T of diamonds. => 22 will call a river shove, AJ and AT probably won`t.
Imho we can`t deny the possiblity of him holding a flush or a hand like Q9, A2, or even another weak ace just because he took a strange line here.

=>I think the value in shoving is not as high as the value of beting something between 40-50 and folding to a shove. He will not shove with anything worse than a flush(unless you is able of realy sucky river-bluffs)+you will encourage Ax kind of hands (which yuo beat) to stay in.