Thread: NL25 KK
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: NL25 KK

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I havent played nl25 for a while, but idk, are people regularly committing suicide there now? Why would he shove into an ace high board when he can just check behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

why do you suggest that villain takes a different approach with a middle pair then we do? if villain has JJ/QQ and is decent, he might think as well pushing here will only lead to a call from hands that beat me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this was NL50/100 I would agree with you guys but I think your giving NL25 players too much credit, a lot of the time they are bad enough to do this..

Regardless, why does it matter?? If you push your not allowing him any opportunity to push a worse hand. Even if there is a only a 1% chance (much bigger than this imo) he will push worse hands if you check to him, why is this a bad move? Especially if your 'pot-committed' and push any turn card if he checks behind..

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, the counter to this argument is that he may call a flop push with JJ or QQ given that he has less than a 1/2 psb behind. But if he checks behind on the flop and a heart peels off on the turn and hero shoves, he may decide that his hand is no good (if he doesn't hold a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) and decide to give up. I think we're just splitting hairs here given the amount of money left behind but I'm still in the check the flop camp. It just doesn't matter enough either way imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah your right about the counter argument but the -EV your getting from this situation doesn't outweigh the +EV your getting from the times he shoves to your check on the flop with a worse hand (and also when the heart doesnt peel off)