Thread: Vegas Trip
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Vegas Trip

1. For the deal you mentioned, it sounds about right. Mandalay Bay is definitely towards the top end of hotels (one of my favorites), although for a first timer and for an extended stay, you might want something a tad more centrally located (not that Mandalay is THAT much out of the way, but there is nothing south of it). I love the Mandalay Bay and the pool area is definitely tops....

3. Clubs are getting more expensive because there are more people wanting to go. $40 per is about as high as I've seen. During the week, it shouldn't be that hard to get into especially if you arrive somewhat early. Lines can get crazy at a few of the hottest clubs around (Pure, Tao, Tryst), but even the lines at the Palms have NOT been that crazy. Be sure to check out the Foundation Room (House of Blues, atop of the Mandalay Bay. It requires a paid membership, but it's open to the public on Mondays).

4-5. Wow, 14 days in Vegas? You must be out of your mind...or if you try, you might not have one after 5-6 days! You must have unbelievable discipline to stay there that long at 1 time and still plan to gamble. I suppose if it was strictly poker, you can do ok. But it sounds like you want to have fun and perhaps also do other forms of gambling? Plus it's your first time, so things could get overwhelming... You don't want to blow your wad in the first 2-3 days like a lot of people would. If you're there for that long, you might as well take the relaxing route, maybe rent a car for a few days and check out other places within driving distance: Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, and/or LA.