View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Shannon Shorr thinking of quitting ...

[ QUOTE ]
I am close friends with Shannon and we were roomates this summer. I have seen first hand how much of a struggle playing at such a high level can be. He is an amazing player, but like most people that are great at something he holds himself to a very high standard and is too hard on himself.

I think its commendable that Shannon is able to be honest in his blog about what he is going through, too many poker players lie about their results to protect their ego. Say what you want about Shannon, but he has had more success playing poker then most people that read this forum, so think twice before you judge.

-Jerry

[/ QUOTE ]

The way he said that he started dabbling in cash games says it all. It is too damn hard to be a full-time tournament player. The Iveys, Reese's and Brunsons of the poker world made their money in cash games, not tournaments.

I know more than a few bracelet holders/$1k$10kbuyin winners that refuse to play cash games because "they are tournamnet players" They are busto wayyyyy to often to be considered sucessful pros.