View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 06:45 AM

Default Re: What is my preflop range versus this (unbelievably bad) player?

have to disagree with most of these suggestions, playing crap hands when he will obviously take u to the wire with any given hand seems much less profitible than raising your good hands and limping with your good speculative ones and letting him pay u off when u hit. besides your not alone at the table there are others who might know what they are doing, for example if i was at this table and saw u constantly raising after he limps id be repopping u with a pretty wide range(not trash just hands that are likely to dominate u and the fish)

v these types of players im raising any pair, any 2 cards ten or higher, and limping with all my scs and other speculative hands.

note - if it seems 1 of the other players is raising often to isolate the fish start limp reraising him with a wide range, it will stop him dead in his tracks.

oh this only applies if the fish has already entered and i have position, if im oop and people are left to act i play my normal tight range, anything i play from utg or mp is a raise hand, i dont open limp oop just because hes at the table