View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/12 - 500k Buyin - Part 2 Spoilers aho

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
your statement says that you believe that in some way PA did something wrong. he did nothing wrong. he got jamie to put all his chips in the middle a as a big dog. somewhere between a 3.5 and 4:1 dog. PA agrees to run it three times and while in most cases he would be wrong to do this it worked out further in his favor. imo, he played this hand dreamily. enough for all of his fans to keep it up for weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your retardation consistency is very impressive. Also a major lol at "PA agrees to run it three times and while in most cases he would be wrong to do this it worked out further in his favor." seriously, if you think running it 3 times, or 2 times, or 46 times is somehow a "mistake" you clearly have no idea wtf you're talking about. explain how you think this is a mistake, I'm curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you read my post.. and perhaps you would have needed to do it slowly .. you will see that my post says "although he made no mistake his fans seem to still need to make excuses for him"....
yet i will explain myself.

going to the river anotonius is better than a 3:1 favorite. 3 out of 4 times he will win.

so if he offers to run it twice... he's 3 of 4 to win the first. he's testing that twice by running it twice. giving gold 2 chances to draw one of ten cards right.

now running it 3 times he's giving gold 3 chances to draw one of 10 cards.

wouldn't you rather just give your opponent one chance to draw at ten cards? i will say that i like it that PA chose 3 times rather than just 2. he can only really fear gold getting lucky once.. and by running it three times he's figuring he's guaranteeing himself a profit on the hand. it just so happens that gold got very lucky and got two of three.

i used the word mistake... perhaps that's not the appropriate word. i do know that if i have you 3:1 i'm more likely to say "run it once".