Thread: donkey players
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: donkey players

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a bit puzzled here. If I had 6500 chips or 500K chips and a small pocket pair I would never, I mean never go all in pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

never ?? I think the OP is assuming he is nearing short stacked. a few posters have mentioned that 16bb is not in any desperate situation to do this but lets say you were 7BB left then an allin move is appropriate as you still have small folding equity and may not get a better hand than 44 until you are blinded out.

i dont think you can say 'never'

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, sorry, you're correct, I shouldn't have said never. But I wasn't thinking in terms of being short stacked and without knowing the other stacks, 6500 and 500K chips doesn't seem SS'd to me.

I have gone all in SS'd with pocket 9s PF, and coin-tossed PF with pocket 10s against AJ, against a player whom I knew would go all in with at least a J. In both cases my hands held up.

But I have played against players who in the early stages of the game would go all in with pocket 2s just to take the blinds, or as has been mentioned, because they're not sure of their post-flop play.

So I guess I'm willing to play a small PP if the price isn't too high to post-flop and play strongly after.