View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Re: $10/$20 Razz Big pot vs. terrible villain.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is awful in this hand, very LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why he is awful, because if I had A32, say, I think I'd play the same way, except I wouldn't cap 3rd and I wouldn't have bet 5th, too many small cards on the board and the chance of another brick is too great. But he has a better draw than you all the way, presuming he didn't pair on 4th, and he knows it, so he wants to get some money in there. On 6th, he bets out wanting to represent a made 6, seems like a reasonable semi-bluff considering the river might make the hand, and you just call because you believe him? I guess? Or you are playing a semi-weak-bluff yourself to check/raise the river?

I get pretty lost in these high stakes hands because I don't get what the plan is. Do you want to check/raise someone representing a made 6 with your 7? Then why not raise him on 6th when he is more likely to call?

I hope this doesn't sound critical, I am just confused and someday hope to play up here, so, I must be missing something. Or a lot. Is your play all based on you thinking he might have a pair on the hole or something?

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes___raises___calls

4th Street - (9.50 SB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (5.75 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (7.75 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (9.75 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets___folds

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is awful because I've played with him before, and he's a bad player. It is very likely he does not have a better draw than me the whole way; although I can't be sure.

I want to wait to raise the river because; on 6th, I can't have better than a 76. I'm a lot less likely to get r/r on the river. Also, if he's bluffing, I get one more bet out of him on the river. By just calling 6th; I lose less when I'm behind and win the same when I'm ahead because he'll bluff the river again and/or call a value raise.

-ChipsAhoya

[/ QUOTE ]
I see the raise has some point for isolation. However, you are not getting anyone with a 7 low or better to fold. In fact, they almost certainly jam if they can beat the 7 with the raise from the LAG and a reraise from a 7.