View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 01:03 PM

Default Live 10-25 at the Rio- I dont like folding

Game is playing extremely tight, much tighter than I am used to. At least 5 of the players at the table are complete nits. I have a pretty tight image, but the BB in this hand might view me as somewhat more aggressive after a hand where there were 3 limpers, he made it 150, I called with 99, an ep limper went all in for 500 total, he called, and I made it 1400 total and he folded. I lost the hand, threw my cards into the muck, he asked to see my hand so naturally the dealer dug up my cards from the muck and showed it too him and he seemed very surprised and steamed a little from it (gotta love the Rio staff). I haven't really splashed around much postflop.

BB is a youngish player, but he seems to know the regulars. He's getting bored with how tight the game is playing and is starting to play a little laggy.

Anyway, onto the hand. BB has about 3600, I cover.

I raise Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to 125 from UTG+1. Folded around to BB who calls.

Flop: 7 7 9 rainbow

Check, I bet 175, he insta calls.

Turn: 8
He thinks for maybe 5 seconds and throws out 400. I make it 1100, he thinks for a little bit now and pushes.

Can I call?

PS: I am almost positive villain puts me on QQ+ here.