View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: elindauer is in the well

[ QUOTE ]
where and at what limits do you primarily play?

[/ QUOTE ]

highest ever: 100/200
highest ever routinely: 30/60 multi-tabled
current: low stakes (cashed out when the UIGE passed, considering getting back in)

[ QUOTE ]
what do you attribute to be the greatest learning tool for your hold em game?

[/ QUOTE ]

For MY game... getting into coaching really got me thinking critically about my own game. More recently, that range calculator has allowed me to break down ranges into hand classes, so I can start thinking about playing an entire range instead of just one hand. I feel like those events provided the clearest, short-term leap in my game.

Long term, I'd say the greatest free poker tool available today has to be the free discussion available at 2+2. Read a post, think up an answer, give it, then read the replies. Grunching is definitely the best poker tool. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
what is the most exploitable mistake in today's online environment?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough question. After some thought I've come up with: players playing when under-rolled. It seems to me that short-stacked players donk off their money so routinely and easily that THAT has to be the simplest mistake to exploit.

[ QUOTE ]
what are your thoughts on the LAGTAG style of play(i've read an essay in the past and am curious as to whether or not you still feel the same about it)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's really hard to pull off and don't recommend it for most players. I think you can achieve almost as solid a winrate with much less skill by playing tough. I happen to think that "tough" involves quite a few plays that appear to be LAGTAG though...

[ QUOTE ]
what's your favorite nonpoker hobby?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't pick one. I like all kinds of sports (basketball, soccer, skiing, golf) and any game (chess, cards). I don't know if drunken karaoke counts as a hobby, but if it does, it's on my list too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]