View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Since you all read this at Absolute Poker

[ QUOTE ]
This is complete [censored]

AP stop talking through Nat, get your pathetic asses on here and answer some [censored] questions

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. Having a 2+2 intermediary giving away all the information is just a clever way to segment the level of information players receive. 2+2ers get a leaked confidential admittance of fault and a fancy plan where a 2+2 member gets to pick the charity! How awesome!

Then the 90% of users who aren't 2+2ers will never know about it (because it would require them to both read about it somewhere and trust that this unknown forum person is trustworthy), until there is a PR release that they are doing a charity tournament and donated XX,XXX to a charity that one of their players picked. How great, this company is super nice! This obviously is completely misrepresenting what actually happened.

But if you get an actual statement from AP:
a) It is presumably already more public
b) There is no trust issue for the common player, since it is coming from within the company

So Nat I am happy you are providing information to the people, but IMO it is better if you keep quiet regardless of what you know, and let the outrage (perhaps false outrage) build until AP is forced to say something officially.

And this is just a wacky theory of mine that may or may not make sense. I am just coming from the knowledge that there is a room somewhere in the AP offices where all these people are getting together trying to spin the PR for this whole thing in a positive way, and I think we are making it too easy for them, because as far as I'm aware there has been no official statement of any wrongdoing that hasn't been complete crap. [/rant]