View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Emotional Affairs

[ QUOTE ]
my weary world experience is that many/most men and women both get super-turbo-jealous if their significant other displays any affection whatsoever, be it platonic, emotional, sexual, or abstract, for any member of the opposite sex, even if they trust that their SO would never cheat on them.

ex: katy wouldn't want her guy lunching with opposite sex. either katy fears it might lead to an affair, in which case she doesn't trust her guy, or she trusts her guy but feels jealous anyway for some unexplained reason.

i don't claim to understand this phenomenon, but i have observed it time and time again. the best course of action, if you want to avoid hurt feelings and annoying 3-hour-conversations, is not to have any contact with any member of the opposite sex other than super-boring-professional interaction with co-workers.

i don't think this is the way things should be, but it seems to be the way things are.

/grumbling

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have time right now to respond to all these great posts. Late for work again.

Drew I agree. People do get super jealous and I am right up there with the rest of them. If I saw my bf flirting with another girl or taking a girl out to lunch I would be really jealous and hurt.

However, on one level I'm able to realize that my guy is going to need to have other friendships and other women over his lifetime as I just can't satisfy all his needs. I mean I'm great but I'm not that great! I'd just really rather not witness it is all [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
For me to think he will never be attracted to any one else is ridiculous.

Now I'm not saying my guy should go off and have a physical relationship with another girl. That would kill me. But close, non-physical bonds I think are to be expected over a lifetime, aren't they?