View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: **2007 AFC South Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
JoA,

The Leftwich debate in Jacksonville is a sore one. There are now three camps of fans, Byron Fans, Garrard Fans, and those that wish Quinn was drafted fans.

Leftwich was put in such a crappy spot in having to fill the shoes of the most popular Jaguar in the history of the franchise. And the fact that he didn't see immediate success put so much pressure on him and many fans went against him. Then the injuries came, Garrard took the team to the playoffs, Leftwich lost in the playoffs and controversy began.

He is in a contract year and though he has said that he loves the city and would like to stay, I just don't see him signing with the team next year. At least, not right now. Maybe a successful season, a playoff win, and who knows, the offer the team might give him might be to hard to turn down.

This is a make or break year for alot of people. Del Rio, Leftwich, Mike Peterson, and the recieving corps. Mike Smith is a likely canidate for head coaching jobs this offseason, and losing a DC like him would be devastating. With all the changes going on down there the team needs to be successful, not only for people to keep their jobs but for the team to stay in Jacksonville.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that is this a crucial year & we can't just flop, but I don't think we're on the way out of Jacksonville or anything. I think there is too much support from the town, Wayne Weaver, the fans, etc. Del Rio isn't as comfortable as most people think for sure.