View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 04:55 AM

Default Re: Ask Golden_Rhino about going back to school as a 32 year old.

[ QUOTE ]
Do all the younger students hate you due to the fact that you actually do your work, study hard, want to be there and refuse to participate in beer pong tourneys?

Hows the score rate with the young female hotties? Don't tell me that you're married or some other crap, I need some good juicy college girl stories.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before I went to school I dreaded being the older student. In my first go around at school I hated the mature students, and thought that I would be reviled in the same way, but thankfully that has not happened.

I get along great with my classmates, but I also don't try to be like them. The thing that younger people generally hate about mature students is that they ask too many stupid questions, and that they have a "let me tell you something sonny" kind of attitude, and not that they do their work. I avoid asking dumb questions, and don't talk down to my classmates, and as a result I am fairly well liked. I even got invited to a few parties, but I graciously declined.

As far as tail goes, sorry pal, I have a serious girlfriend. I will say that I do get flirted with quite a bit. I am not sure if it's the "older man" thing, or the fact that I don't look live every other guy on campus (pants falling down and sideways ball cap).