Thread: Hole in one
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Hole in one

I have a shitton of aces. Probably about a dozen. But that's not much of a brag because all but like four came at Presidio Hills, a little pitch-and-putt in old town San Diego, where I spent a lot of time preparing for the Junior World tournament. Those holes range from 50-150 yards, so they're not "full size" holes for the most part. However, all of those came when I was ten years old or younger, so they played longer for me.

The last one I had occurred like three years ago at Arizona Country Club. Hole was playing ~180 with a stiff breeze hurting from the left. The only reason I'm telling this is the events as they unfolded. I hit the shot - it was OK, but probably not my best swing of the day - and it tracked towards the back-right hole location. Then it disappeared. I turned to the member I was playing with and said "I think I made it". Being an unintentional wet blanket, he said "no I think it went off the back". So the cart path wraps around the back of the green and there is no ball to be seen, he puts the pieces together and literally sprints to the hole to find my ball there.

Karma bit him in the ass, though: we finish the round and he tells the pro about my ace. The pro says great, and asks if I want a plaque to commemorate the event. Why not? He then asks if I have the ball so they can mount it. I told him guy, I blew that ball onto 56th St. on the 18th tee, it's gonzo. Anyway, my buddy ended up getting billed $120 on his account for the plaque, exactly $120 more than he thought it would cost. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]