View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I assure you I may have attended more hockey games -- pro and college -- than you have watched in your lifetime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unprovable assertion, not to mention I doubt it. Lifelong Sabres, Elmira College and Cornell fan, and have had season tickets for EC since 1978, Cornell since 1990 and Sabres season tickets every season from 1994 until I moved out of the Buffalo area in 2004. I'm not even going to count the thousands upon thousands of games I've watched on TV or listened to on the radio. IF you actually work in professional or college hockey, you MIGHT have attended and/or seen more games than me. MIGHT. It's not really a relevant point, anyway. If you ARE such an uber-hockey guru, it's more than a little intellectually dishonest of you to conveniently ignore the little-known fact that Emrick is also a long-time RANGERS announcer in your snide little remark above, wouldn't you say? Or didn't you figure that the average poster in this thread knew that little factoid? Nice try, but you're going to have to do better than that against me.

[ QUOTE ]
Accusations of bias in national announcers are generally retarded, and are even moreso in the case of Mike Emrick, particularly today.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. All that has to happen for me to stop accusing Emrick of bias is...well...for him to stop being biased.

--Scott