View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Gangsters in the Military?

[ QUOTE ]

if they were normal neighbors in smalltown, usa the feud is likely to follow the gangsters, but being in the same reserve troop battalion for the us military would/should transcend the gang ties. same thing on the battlefield-- i imagine that the two groups would set aside their differences even if only in the sense that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." as long as they are voluntarily entering the military, trusting them should not be too much of an issue. psychologically many gang members may be more suited for combat than other civilians. however, i don't think it's a great idea to just use the military as a default reform center.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not to sure. Most people end there gang activities when they start reaching 30. Perhaps military would help speed up that process.

The military has recruiters in all of the inner-city schools. I personally stand against them. But it seems like the government is trying to us the military as a "default reform center" or maybe they are trying to use the military to extinguish the problem.