View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Lloyd Carr Retiring

[ QUOTE ]
I have no real problems with English, although some of the defense's performances this year were inexcusable. As for DeBord, I wish he got fired yesterday.

Unless keeping Lloyd's staff is conditional with taking the job -- something a coach like Miles would never agree to -- then it should be expected Lloyd's staff is gone with him.

IIRC, last year, all of the football coaching staff had their contracts re-written so that if Lloyd retired, they get some buyout money. In fact, I think that the leaked news of their contract tweaking is what started all the internet rumor-mongering that Lloyd might be considering retirment, hence why this move isn't all that surprising.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm generally on the same page. If English stayed, I could live with it. I am still not sure if English is a good D coordinator, but I'm willing to give him a few more years. We definitely need a special teams coach. Our special teams were subpar. Mesko's good, but our punt and kickoff returns were terrible. Breaston's absense is not an excuse. How many times did our KO returner get hit at the 12 yard line by 3 opponents? We never blocked anybody.