Thread: I've lost touch
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: I\'ve lost touch

Mat,

That question would have been fine in any of those three forums, you'd just get a different set and volume of responses based on where you posted it.

There's definitely no need to start another forum for general advice. If you have a question that you want the widest possible range of feedback on, OOT is the best place for it. If it's something that requires more thought out or expert answers and possibly requires more detailed answers, then EDF is often the best place for it. If you want to get feedback on topics from sniper, wookie, blarg, katy, db and a couple of others, then the Lounge is the best. I jest a bit, of course, but I can't really think of any topic where you'd get better response in The Lounge than EDF or OOT. The Lounge is more like a private discussion forum for Sniper, db, and a handful of their friends who have shared sensibilities regarding how and what they like to post about. Doesn't seem to be hurting anything, though.

One thing you could try if you want to get a better idea of the distinctions I'm talking about is simply crosspost your OP in EDF and OOT as well. There's some overlap in userbase, but I suspect all three would lead to different types of threads.