View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Lloyd Carr Retiring

[ QUOTE ]
However, also heard a lot of rumors that Miles is on bad terms with UM AD and football team due to things he said regarding Lloyd's failing health to potential recruits, etc. which Michigan viewed as a breach of trust and a slap in the face for a program that has done a lot for Miles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bo always liked him, but it's a not-closely-guarded-secret that the current powers in the Michigan football program have little love for Les (alliteration ftw).

[ QUOTE ]
Problem is, outside of Miles, I cannot think of any good candidates. Please no Mike DeBord

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Outside of unlikely dream candidates who have literally no chance of coming, Miles is at the top of the list IMO. And yeah, he wants the job and would probably not use it as a stepping stone to other jobs.

I consider Schiano and Brian Kelly second-tier candidates. Now, if they make a play for Tedford or something, I obviously won't be upset -- but I consider that unlikely. I think Miles is the best available option among the candidates oft-mentioned for the job; so even if he is a luckbox donk moron, that's pretty equivalent to Carr, who's hopelessly devoted to Cold-War era football and terrible coordinators and their terrible schemes like DeBord. Given Miles loves Michigan and really wants the job, that puts him above the frequently named-contenders.

As I said, if some unlikely dream candidate expresses interest in the job -- or if Bill Martin wants to drive the Michigan Money Truck up to Dream Candidate X's lawn and asks them to hop on board, then I reserve the right to change my mind.

But if the potential candidates are the DeBords, Ferentzs, Kellys, Schianos, and Ron Englishs of the world, then give me Miles.