View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Re: NLTRN - $20 reg - river check

I agree with most of what Theordinaryboy says.
Very player dependant and I think checking OR betting small, inducing a bluff or thin call when you are against loose / aggresive / bluffy players is certainly the correct play but against a tight player you should definitely bet out here as you can not expect them to try a bluff.

Villains, in my opinions, most likely holdings would be
1. Tx, (IE 7sT)
2. 5
3. Busted FD

Since villain limped and is described as fairly aggresive I don't think we can expect to see him having a pair of T with a kicker he would feel comfortable valuebetting on this river, so checking behind is losing value against this hand I think. Betting small will get a call for sure. Shoving/betting big might get a call because the river was a none-spade, but might also get a fold.
If he has a 5 you will be getting full value pretty much no matter what you do
If he has a busted FD, he will not call a shove/big bet obviously. He MIGHT, much depending on how bluffy he is (and what he thinks YOUR image is), then he might try a bluff if you check or if you bet small, who knows.

So against a standard fairly aggresive person I think I would make a small/medium valuebet here hoping to get called by a T, getting raised by a 5, and perhaps getting shoved on with a busted FD.