View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 03:30 AM

Default I\'m confused (Oz season 4) *Spoilers*

I'm halfway into season 4 and I just finished the episode where Adebisi is killed. Now, I just looked at Wiki's page of Simon Adebisi and you'll see why I'm a little confused in a minute. Wiki is pretty indepth and accurate from their descriptions of events and the reasons behind certain actions. They've helped me understand different things in the Sopranos and the Wire, so I looked on Adebisi's page to confirm what I believe I saw, and this is what was written about Adebisi's death:

When the reinstated prison governor Tim McManus announces Adebisi's transfer from Emerald City, Adebisi is enraged and storms into his cell to kill Said with a knife. The two of them struggle and the altercation ends when a pool of blood is seen staining the surrounding white curtain. Adebisi emerges from his cell, apparently victorious, before revealing his fatal injuries by spitting up blood and falling to the floor. Said comes out behind him with the bloody knife in hand, having killed Adebisi in self-defense.

I did a half assed google search and it seemed like everybody thinks Adebisi and Said got into a struggle, Said stabs Adebisi and kills him.

As I understood the scene, Adebisi forces Said to kill him. I've rewatched this scene several times to make sure I'm not hearing/seeing anything. Adebisi grabs Said and holds him at knifepoint. He tells Said, "So the end is here huh?" Said tells him that it's not the end, things would just go back to the way they used to be. Adebisi says through his teeth "not for me, or for you." Adebisi then gives a speech about how Said betrayed him and then with his knife cuts Said's cheek and says, "This is how I'm going to die." Said stammers back "no, no!" and then Adebisi says "oh yes! yes!" You then see Adebisi and Said locking arms in a struggle, with Adebisi holding the knife in what appears to be his direction and he forces Said to kill him more or less.

Am I right here? Every time I rewatch this scene it seems more and more evident to me but it makes no sense that seemingly all the discussion has passed this by, as it is a pretty major detail.