View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Is it simply variance?

I rarely have anyone lower VP$IP than me at the table--I don't fully appreciate if thats good or bad. They seem to average anywhere from 25 to as high as 70 VP$IP and if i see someone in the 10 to 12% VP$IP I just dont play a hand w/ them unless i'm premium or attempting to stack them if I can see the flop cheap and set up with a pp.

I agree, 26 is probably a little high vp$ip. Over my last 50 1c/2c 6-max sessions my VPIP was actually 23 on average and varied from a high of 36% to a low of 12% with 20 of the sessions falling at or below 21%.

My biggest losing position (by far) is in the SB, i for sure need to muck more often even if its the minimum price. The hardest part is it always seems like good odds to complete the small blind. JJ, TT, and AQs are among my top 5 biggest losers from the SB.

I also agree on your "negative thoughts" read but i'm not sure how/if my play is being affected. I think if anything i tend to fold more often post-flop to the aggressor simply thinking that there is no way i'm good in this spot after i get it wrong at showdown on multiple occasions. That being said, i have no idea if i'm folding winners or losers on those occasions. Theoretically i should have a winning hand at showdown 1/6th (~17%) of all hands delt at a 6-max (even greater if only 4 or 5 are seated) so I know I must be folding winners very often.