View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: KK...a thought process in the heat of battle.

* grunch *

I raise the flop. I know all sorts of draws have the odds to continue but I believe 2 outers as well as backdoor straigh/flushes don't so I charge them as much as possible to see the turn. And if UTG 3bets and you cap I think you've just charged 3 and 4 outers more than they can afford. If you wait until the turn the pot is still going to be about 12.5:1, plus UTG bet/call and your raise, so draws will still be getting about 8:1; in a pot this large it might even be conceivable for gut shots to make this up? I have to re-read the section on SSHE on waiting to raise until the turn in big pots, but this pot is stupid huge; I'm guessing I make more money making near dead hands pay on the flop than "outplaying" my opponents. I could be very wrong on this.

What are you getting on the turn, 21:1 or something stupid like that? You don't think this is good enough to see the river, pair the board or spike your King and have your two pair / set be good enough of the time? I think I call the turn. The problem for me is when I whiff I'm then still getting tremendous odds to make a crying call with top pair; I guess I evaluate the river action and make a decision there.

I also hate the idea of taking a free showdown from UTG; I've seen enough live limp/raises to know that two suited cards is just as (or more?) likely as AA.

GcluelessnoobG