View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Are Astronauts Heroes?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
soldiers - too much variance to generalize. I think, in large part, they're people who got into the service because it was one of the only things they were qualified to do and too poor to get other training. I suspect they do courageous things, but I have a hard time believing the majority really joined to "save/serve their country".

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do rejects continue to say this even though it's been proven to be completely false, on average?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, prove otherwise. What's the average household income of the average recruit? Years ago it was significantly under the national average.

What's the percentage of minorities who sign up? It was, years ago when recruiters were on campus and articles talked about it, significantly higher than the national average.

Why has the recruiting office dropped it's IQ standards for recruiting? Because enough smart people aren't joining...

But, feel free, go find and post research countering it. I said in my initial post it was my feeling that these things were true. If you want to quote research, then quote a real link rather than just being an insulting [censored].