View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Re: 63o - hand vs Private Joker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Against me in this spot I would call down and not like it. If this were a hand in a vacuum against an unknown TAG, I would not 3-bet big overpairs. But this situation, if any, would have me widening my 3-betting range for the reasons Nate posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually surprised that you would widen your 3-betting range to include overpair hands here, perhaps I gave Snowball a bit too much credit with his image.

Let me instead ask you, what range of hands do you think Snowball c/r's the turn with that makes 3-betting a hand like AA or KK optimal?

[/ QUOTE ]

TT--

"Too much credit?" There are reasons that strong players would get aggressive with one pair here. Joker should play AJ and other hands like this; also there would be reasons to bet AK on this turn against a woman who's likely drawing and a guy who knows how to fold a pair.

More important is to remember what will happen if Joker 3bets: he gets to control how much more money goes in the pot very very often, especially with his tight image. Meanwhile, the woman to his left either folds (which Joker almost certainly wants her to do if he doesn't have a set) or calls two big bets badly. Given that Joker probably has to call the river with a lot of his hands, 3-betting is a small investment. And heck, Snowball might find a way to fold two pair.

I don't think any of this is farfetched reasoning: all it takes is assuming that Joker, who reads this forum constantly and knows how to read hands and rarely gets lazy over the felt, is reading hands.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]
you should answer the question I had for Joker -
"what range of hands do you think Snowball c/r's the turn with that makes 3-betting a hand like AA or KK optimal? " using Joker's eyes of course, view Snow as Joker would see him.