View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: The Future of Online Poker for \"Danger States\"

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't agree more with the idea of using a good offense as a good defense. Also, I felt a little bit like a person telling a three-year old that there is really no Santa Claus. Not that you are like a three-year old, but that you have done so much admirable work for us, I did not want to rain on your energetic optimism.

I should also mention that there are other things to be optimistic about, like the possibility that poker will be ruled a game of skill, IMEGA, and, the WTO initiative. Of course, there is the same kind of issue with the WTO situation in that it necessarily must include sports betting, something that the US will fight hard. But I won't pursue that as I have tugged on Santa's beard enough for today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Trust me, I'm anything but naive. My rationale for lobbying hard in D.C. for even imperfect bills is that we need to generate the political strength necessary to get (or keep) a victory via the WTO, IMEGA, etc. We also keep harsher laws from getting proposed, as we keep our opponents on defense.