View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Speculation on X360 price cut

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The combined sales of SA are unfair to compare to Halo 2, when you are using that statistic to make predictions about ONLY the 360 version of GTA:IV. That was my point there.

As for combined sales for GTA:IV vs. Halo 3, that will be close, GTA:IV will probably win it if people start to buy PS3s.

[/ QUOTE ]

If history repeats itself GTA4 is going to KILL Halo 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ng_video_games

GTA occupies 3 of the top 4 spots on the PS2 with the 2 of the GTA games selling over 12 million copies. That's no freaking joke. Only Super Mario Bros. can hang with thos enumbers. Halo 2 is only listed as selling 8 million.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering how many more 360's there are compared to PS3's, the old statistics are nearly worthless. The best number you can get from those old console stats is attachment ratio (i.e. how many PS2 owners bought GTA:X).

Halo 3 will outsell GTA:IV on the 360 period. Now I think that they are pushing Halo 3 more because it will sell more consoles and that in turn will sell more GTA:IV. Why? Well if I weigh my console buying options, and lets say I am your usual gamer, Male 16-24 demographic, what do I want to do? Blow [censored] up, kill aliens, etc. What are my choices here. In a narrow sense let's say I'm deciding between a game like Killzone 2 or Haze (dunno much about the PS3 FPS, somebody help me out here) or Halo 3. If microsoft can get me to WANT Halo 3 more than those PS3 games, I'll buy a 360. Oh guess what? Now I'll buy GTA:IV for the 360 because I'm not shelling out another $500 for a PS3.